Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Be Abbie

My introduction won't be as interesting or as clever as the other girls but I will just tell you a bit about myself and my "running" history ;)

I am 23, and married to my best friend- a handsome young man named Blake who just happens to be Courtney's little brother even though people mistake Courtney and I as sisters pretty often. :)
I work as a leasing consultant and also have a small photography business- www.abbiegphotography.blogspot.com
I played Tennis and Basketball throughout jr high and high school and the only running I did was for punishment for missing a free-throw or the dreaded "warm ups" etc...I never liked running- and if you had told me back then that I would be running 3.1 miles or 6.2 miles I would have laughed and said "yeah right!" ;)

But here I am- running for fun and to get back in shape...I am so thankful for my running buddies- Courtney and Missy- I would have given up a long time ago on this whole running thing if I didn't have someone to help keep me motivated and make sure I wake up way earlier than I ever thought I would (5:30 am cough cough) ;) in the freezing cold to go for a jog...thanks girls!

One last thing is I thought I'd share one of my favorite memories from running...
It was at the firefly run (my favorite run so far). Blake and John (Missy's husband) had said they were going to hang out and catch a movie since we were all going to be gone to Dallas for the run... We were at the starting line for the race..our first 10K! The gun went off and we started running...it was so crowded- If I remember correctly there were 3,300 or more runners! How we saw them I still don't really know- but there they were- Blake and John who were supposed to be at a movie in Sherman had driven all the way to come cheer us on!!! It was so sweet- it brought such joy to my heart that they would do something like that to support us! All of our husbands are very supportive of our running goals and often express how proud they are- we are blessed! :)






2 comments:

  1. Hi Abbie! This is a great post--good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great intro! I love the memory of the Firefly run!! I am so thankful for you both, too. I would not be running if it weren't for you and Court.

    ReplyDelete